Under-appreciated benefits of creative consistency

Consistency does not count everything, but it certainly counts most.

With so many land mines there, ready to demolish even the most talented people, "showing off" always offers undeniable benefits. Some of these benefits are often overlooked.

For those who wish to improve this year, let us remember all the benefits we have when we have a good record of attendees:

Consistency breeds consensus. The person who is moving is always moving without action during the Netflix indulgence. The creative mind is like a machine. Too much work and too much carrying, too little and too little a state of rusty thinking await you. Keep the process smiling by allowing the constant flow of work to never allow brain clots to settle.

If you are not consistent, it means you never have to restart. "I'm back to changing things," are the last words most people have with reliable schedules such as the weather. Continuous progress keeps morale high, keeps enthusiasm full, and increases your investment in the project — no one wants to break the chain once the results are obtained.

Consistency strikes goal setting. When Scott Adams declared "Goals for the Defeated," the web began to confuse. The point he was making was that the process is more important than the goal - what you do every day is more important than what you plan to achieve.

You could aspire to be a famous writer, or you could write a thousand words a day on a page that comes to hell or on the water. You can plan to play Für Elise at the piano in March, or you can create a habit that you always get in front of the key 30 minutes after work.

Consistency also includes art. Writing not only conveys ideas, it builds them up. The same can be said of all creative work. There is a danger, as Bruce Lee puts it, that "If you spend too much time thinking about something, you will never achieve it." The opposite is often true, for doing something requires thinking about it. A consistent task is to put where good ideas can be found.

By working regularly comes continuous inspiration. Ideas are not a predefined bucket you should live with for fear of thirst. Work creates a state that connects new ideas. It is often called the creative ear, when you are constantly working on the things you enjoy, the walls go down and the seemingly insignificant moments are inspiring. Just make sure you give yourself space. Fires burn only if they have space to breathe.

Consistency reflects light pressure. Carrying the burden even the Atlas that will not envy them, the creative people, allow their loose ways to hold them into thoughts that require each work to shine. Expectations are too high if they can't be reset continuously - not just for your audience ("This should have been waiting for you…") but for those you set yourself.

Create something once in the blue moon and people will expect something as novel and awesome as the blue moon. Consistency removes you from this burden. The more you create, the more you have to dump or let go of the earth; as Hemingway puts it: “I write one page of pure art on nine-page shit. I'm trying to put garbage in a trash can. ”I hope you create enough to have garbage disposal because technology also produces a few duds.

Consensus forms require issues. Winning “George Lucas Syndrome” starts with having a very large tissue. When you have to work back and forth from your plan, a consistent creation naturally creates problems - it's best to have an existing plan to complete the task from time to time.

You can’t edit comprehension, so worrying that this will make your work duplicate. The mistake here is to believe that a common theme, style, or process is too powerful to be commonplace - art grows with obstacles. I love videos from ASAPscience even though they all use the whiteboard and are always science-related. When done well, consistency sows something that is repetitive, not repetitive.
Under-appreciated benefits of creative consistency

Adapted from a keynote by Dr. Peter Myers

Finding Your Average Speed


Whenever the word "you" appears in my writing, know that I am speaking alone.

Last year, I came across many of the above pitfalls. My writing here slowed the snail's pace, and I published less than ten articles.

To be honest, I could build consistently on Help Scout. But everything I said hindered my ability to write personal essays: I felt pressured to always publish "big," I had no schedule and no template, and work could be done to give me more ideas.

The writing I published was well received, but I began to worry about working with human speed and the pace of depression - I was writing a long essay on many research studies on the sound of movement, but later I went down and didn't publish anything for months.

What I had to worry about was my normal speed.

On average, my writing progress last year was slow. Joint interest produces more meaningful results than individual conversion, but I was dismissing the symbolic “blue moon” mentioned above.

It is easy to make excuses when we do not commit ourselves to the average speed. Well, a spasmodic effort will not achieve lasting results — consistency will do.

If you make any decisions this year, I hope you will join me in committing to a simple goal: emerge consistently. I'll be here, will you?

Post a Comment

0 Comments